Tuesday 13 November 2012

Have You Noticed All The Owls?

Everywhere I look I have been seeing owls. I see them on cards, purses, bags, teeshirts and owls made of feathers or felt carefully positioned in shop windows. Clearly they are in vogue at the moment but I am not talking about a few of them here or there, literally everywhere I look in the consumer world I see owls. I have been pondering on this for a few weeks now, but I just saw a photo of two owl egg cups on facebook and it got me thinking about them again – what could all the owls mean?

Last year around the same time of year, I had a tawny owl 'visitation' and wrote about it on facebook (Nov 21st 2011). Around the same time I also had a dream about a snowy owl floating above me in a wicker chair and dropping a quill in my lap. Then in the spring I found a dead owl in the road with its head missing but its wings and most of its feathers in tact which I was able to extract and use. Owl has become a very important animal totem for me personally and so I have been collecting owl images and ornaments over the past year and in my home, I felt drawn to make sure there was an owl presence in every room.

I had the Snowy Owl dream first which felt very significant, however the Tawny Owl visitation simply blew me away. I believe both hold the key to the meaning of all the owl energy we are now collectively experiencing. I had just finished doing a really positive shamanic reading on the phone and was chatting to another psychic friend when I heard a tapping on my window. I had my back to it and wondered what the hell it could be as I was on the first floor (above ground level). Still on the phone to my friend, I swiveled my chair around. As I turned, I saw that a tawny owl was sat there on my (outside) window sill. Not only had it tapped on the window seemingly to get my attention, but it had settled right behind a card I had propped up against the window which was part of a little Goddess alter. The card was Lilith and Owl is her totem animal.

After a few moments of me only being able to say Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God repeatedly to my poor friend on the other end of the phone, the owl then turned its head right around and looked me directly in the eye before flying off, hooting into the trees opposite. It was awesome not just that the owl had landed on my windowsill and looked directly at me, but that she had chosen to sit so her head was directly above Lilith. I nearly died on the spot with excitement – what a gift it was. What a powerful omen...

Within days I began the descent into what has turned out to be the most challenging 12 months of my life. It has been dark and painful and can only be described as an intense Shamanic death which (thankfully) culminated in late August. I am not going to go into that right now, but I do feel a strong need to share with you what all the owls mean. (If you haven't noticed them yet – next time you go to the shops keep your eyes peeled – they are literally everywhere!)

Owl medicine can mean many things but at this time she has made herself known to be acting as Lilith's messenger. I know this because Owl is Lilith's totem and one of her kind literally found an image of Lilith and placed herself by it then tapped on the window of someone who would understand the significance of her actions and then pay attention – something which I have continued to do ever since because the experience was so powerful.

Lilith is an aspect of the dark Goddess and represents feminine (sexual) power. The '2012' Ascension is all about the return of the Goddess and it requires the unleashing of the repressed aspects of the feminine, namely her sexual and spiritual powers. Lilith is by no means an easy energy to handle, (even for women because we are so out of practice,) but She absolutely must be honoured and embraced during the evolution of humanity. We will all need to call upon Her strength and guidance as we engage in the shifts of consciousness and earth changes which will be accelerating over the next few years. (2012 is the ending of the Old Way, next year is also a potent new beginning that will catapult us into the New Age and New Great Year.)

The owls have begun appearing in droves because the Goddess Lilith is making Her presence felt. Every time you see an owl, think of the Goddess and what you need to do to honour Her. If you are a woman, how can you take better care of yourself and what areas of your life do you need to step into your power? If you are a man, how can you improve your relationships with women or demonstrate more respect for the Divine Feminine?

At this potent time it is important that we all pay close attention to our intuition and to any significant nocturnal dreams. If you need guidance in any area of your life, call on Owl (or Lilith or The Goddess) before you go to sleep and ask her to guide you. Then pay attention to what you are shown in your dreams or through other signs in your waking life and trust you will be guided to what you need to to know. You can visualise Owl delivering you a message, meditate on Owl medicine or go on a Shamanic Journey to meet with Owl. The more you pay attention, the more support and guidance you will discover is available to you.  

Just one more important point on the significance of Owl and Lilith at this time. Today is a new moon (solar) eclipse and I thought I'd have a quick look at what both asteroid and Black Moon Lilith were doing at the time of the eclipse. Asteroid Lilith and Black Moon Lilith are conjunct (next to each other in the sky and therefore joining forces) and Black Moon Lilith (the dark, hidden aspects of the Goddess) is in an exact T square with Mercury (Messenger of the Gods) and Neptune (The Divine Realm). All three are at 0 degrees (in Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces respectively) The 'number' 0 representing both God and infinity... to quote Doreen Virtue about 0: 'God is talking to you. When you see a zero, it's a sign of the endless circle of Omega without beginning or end. God is trying to get your attention with a word of reassurance or Divine guidance.'

This eclipse has a VERY strong message from the Divine: Wake up to the Dark Goddess. She has returned and She needs you to start honouring Her and to start paying close attention. 

When I saw the photo of the owl egg cups on facebook (Hannah Turner Ceramics) and felt inspired to write about Owl as the messenger of the Goddess Lilith, I wasn't surprised to discover she is involved in today's solar eclipse - the last one at the end of a 26,000 year cycle of feminine repression. Tonight the moon (feminine) is totally eclipsing the sun (masculine) and making herself known through shadow. All the owls we find in our shops signify Lilith's potent return to our collective consciousness, and assures us that She is preparing our psyches for whatever is coming next. Ignore Her at your peril!

Freja

No comments:

Post a Comment